Knowledge Base » Component Resources was not set properly. Return code 1.
ERROR MSG: Component Resources was not set properly. Return code 1.
Product: EzParts® (DM) Distributed Media
Version: 126.96.36.199 and newer
During EzParts installation, the following error appears:
According to the screenshot, all components were installed successfully, except for the electronic spare parts catalog Resources and EzParts software application.
The problem appeared during copying resources from DVD or USB drive and can be caused by the following reasons:
1) The Resource folder cannot be read from DVD or USB drive.
2) User does not have write permission to copy the electronic parts catalog's resources to hard drive.
3) User does not have enough space on hard drive to copy the electronic parts catalog's resources.
4) User received the message requiring the user to insert the next drive and it is not available.
To solve the problem, copy resources from the DVD/USB and manually and install EzParts application.
Copy resources from DVDs or USB:
1. Open the Resources folder on the 1st DVD or USB drive.
2. Copy the Images and Shell folders to the location on your hard drive where resources will be stored (by default, C:\EzParts5.0_DATA\Manufacturer_Name).
3. Insert the next DVD or USB drive and repeat steps 1-2.
Install EzParts application:
1. Open DVD or USB drive and double click EzParts5_setup.exe to start installation.
2. Proceed with the Welcome screen by clicking Next.
3. On the Application License Agreement step, agree to the terms of the license agreement. Click Next.
4. On the Database License Agreement step, agree to the terms of the license agreement. Click Next.
5. On the Installation Mode step, select Simple Installation.
6. On the Resources Settings step, select Leave resources on DVD. Click Next.
7. On the Installation Folder step, specify the path where the EzParts software will be installed. By default, it will be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\EzParts5 (C:\Program Files\EzParts5). Click Next.
8. On the Shortcut Folder step, the default folder for shortcut saving is specified. Change it if needed. Click Next.
9. On the Ready to Install step, the components that already installed on the machine and components that will be installed can be reviewed. Click Next.
10. On the Installation Progress step, the process of installation is displayed.
11. If the installation process was successful, click Finish.
When EzParts is installed, specify resource location in EzParts:
1. Run EzParts.
2. Click Options.
3. Click Edit.
4. Click the Browse button at the end of the Resource location field.
5. Navigate to the folder with resources (folder in which the Images and Shell folders are stored) and select it.
6. Click OK on the Browse For Folder window.
7. The Resource location field will be filled with the path to the Resources folder.
Modified on: 07/21/2020
Modified by: Support Staff